Combining our Expertise to Provide Connected Solutions
Engineering the Future with Clean Energy
Sourcing efficient, affordable and sustainable energy has become a priority for many businesses and governments. Global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions will need to halve by 2030 and reach net-zero at 2050 to avoid the worst climate impacts. ByrneLooby understands the multiple issues that the energy sector faces; decarbonising, expanding renewable sources and overcoming supply issues with optimised storage, generation and transmission systems. A holistic approach is required to support the energy sector as it transitions to a net-zero 'green business' model, relying less on fossil fuels and traditional forms of energy.
Our multidisciplinary expertise can help:
- Design and deliver new energy-generating resources from onshore, offshore and other renewable energy sources
- Manage construction and operations, grid expansion and new facility development
- Maintain, decommission and commission assets and infrastructure
- Support design and build contractors with geotechnical and civil engineering services
- Provide specialist inputs such as environmental impacts and permitting
We have been responsible for the delivery of numerous design and build wind farm contracts across Ireland and the UK which included the assessment and verification and geotechnical services. Our dedicated energy and waste team offers land remediation expertise, risk assessments, evaluating renewable and alternative energy options, navigating regulatory environments, securing approvals, and implementing master planning strategies.