St. Patrick's Church - Soho
This Grade II* listed Roman Catholic church was consecrated in 1893 on the site of an earlier building which had been in use as a place of worship since 1802. The current building was designed by John Kelly of Kelly and Birchall Architects. To the front right hand side of the church there is a house dating to about 1791 which was retained and used as the presbytery.
More recently the activities of the church have required more space. This has been achieved by excavating beneath the nave to extend the existing partial basement to the full plan area of the building. General upgrading works include the provision of a lift to serve the new basement and ground floor. The project has involved extensive investigations including 6 weeks of archaeological investigation. Our scheme has taken into consideration the construction of the new Tottenham Court Road Crossrail station and running tunnels, which are being excavated adjacent to, and beneath, the building.