Langley Park House is a Grade II* listed 18th Century house and estate built in 1755, surrounded by grounds landscaped by Capability Brown. The house was built as a private residence for the third Duke of Marlborough. The house remained as a private family residence until the Second World War when the park and buildings were requisitioned for use by the Home Guard and as a billet for Polish soldiers. The recent project has seen the house and estate transformed into a luxury 6 star hotel.
ByrneLooby, through Sinclair Johnston & Partners, provided full structural engineering and conservation design for this impressive project. We worked with Brookfield Multiplex and Gibberd Architects on the renewal, renovation and conversion of the building from its most recent use as offices to a luxury 6-star hotel. The scheme also involved a new spa facility completely below ground and reorganising the Grade II Winter Garden as a function venue.