Ayesa ranks #43 in the Top 225 International Engineering Firms
- Ayesa ranks #43 in the ENR Top 225 International design firms of world –up 7 places from last year’s ranking of #50
- Ayesa is now in the Top 50 for 2 consecutive years
- Ayesa ranks #3 in the Top 10 international engineering firms in the region of Latin America
- Ayesa ranks #94 in the Top 100 Global Design Firms of the world, up 13 places from #107
Check out the full article and lists here.
Thursday, 11 August, 2022: The American Engineering News-Record (ENR)’s 2022 annual rankings are out, and Ayesa is proud have moved up 7 places to number 43 in the World’s Top 225 international engineering design firms with revenues of 273.4 million euros. Our depth of capabilities and revenue growth in Latin America has pushed our ranking up 2 places to #3 in Latin America, an outstanding achievement for the region.
The international turnover of the 225 companies on the list was $67.65 billion dollars, representing a 0.8% increase in terms of the previous year, but there is still no return to pre-pandemic levels ($72.3 billion in 2019).
However, European top 225 design firms have weathered the pandemic in good shape with some reporting double digit growth including Ayesa with growth of engineering revenues of 15% in 2021 as a result of major contracts in Spain, India, Poland, Colombia and Mexico.
Rosalío Alonso, Director of Operations and Markets commented: “As we continue to move up the rankings Ayesa is proud of our 6,300 employees who are helping us grow revenues year-on-year to accelerate our growth to become one of the leading technology, engineering and engineering firms of the world. To be top 3 in Latin America reflects the depth and breadth of expertise we are offering to our clients and the communities there, as well as the continued dedication of everyone working in this region.”
Note: The Top 225 International Design Firms rankings are based on design-specific export revenue generated from projects outside each firm's respective home country; The Top 150 Global Design Firms rankings are based on total design-specific revenue, regardless of where the projects were located.
THE REPORT AT A GLANCE:
The ENR report describes how post pandemic uncertainty still abounds with the three main challenges facing the international design market being climate change, lack of talent and the rising cost of materials. At the end of Q1, 2022, Top 225 firms report that priorities are changing as a result of the climate crisis, new client requirements, market inflation and retracting economies, increasing work in some sectors, and stalling in others. The Ukraine war has accelerated the push for independence from fossil fuels and the transition to new energy sources, which offers potential for growth across all markets.
• There are six Spanish firms in the Top 225 which include: IDOM (#40), Typsa (#46), Sener Grupo de Ingeniera (#63), Empresario Agrupados Internacional (#110) Ingenieria y economia del transporte sa (ineco (#129), Vepica Grupo Internacional (#150)
• 66% of the firm's surveyed increased their revenue and a third saw a drop in revenues
• In Latam region, the top 10 combined market revenue is at $2.1b dollars. Fluor moved up 3 places to take the number one spot, and Worley Limited is ranked #2, while Ayesa is at #3
• Technology and digital transformation is leading the way and clients are demanding innovation: Digital is changing how design firms collaborate globally with project management software and design software such as digital twins and BIM. The construction sector moves towards the use and integration of intelligent and smart systems. Digitalisation is helping to reduce the investment costs and lead times of large and complex infrastructure projects by optimizing the organization of the project and also optimising the operations and maintenance phase of a project. Engineering consultancy represents 20% of the project cost during its lifetime while the other 80% of total costs will be from the operation and maintenance phase. Therefore, the development of new intelligent smart systems to help O&M will help add value and reduce costs for clients.
• As regards the circular economy, projects are reusing existing infrastructures and built elements to reduce the new build, to counteract rising costs of materials and to minimize the carbon footprint. COWI is so committed to decarbonizing its business that “within three to five years 100% of our project must come from supporting the transition to green.
• In terms of Engineering Revenue Market Share: Europe combined still represents the largest market at $22b, followed by America at $15.7b and Canada at $12b respectively.