World Water Day 2021
22 Mar 2021
ByrneLooby celebrates World Water Day 2021
Today ByrneLooby celebrates World Water Day 2021. A day celebrating water whilst raising awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water. This year’s theme centres around valuing water, one of our most precious resources.
At ByrneLooby we strive to protect this core natural resource through our expertise in designing world-class infrastructure for the provision, treatment and management of water.
For the provision of water, we contribute to the design of sustainable and resilient water supply systems in Ireland, Northern Ireland and the Middle East. We would like to take this opportunity to highlight these projects and showcase the importance of water infrastructure.
Recently completed major water supply projects:
• Vartry to Callowhill Link Main – We designed 1,200mm of diameter trunk main and storage that secures and safeguards the water supply for more than 200,000 people in north Wicklow and south Dublin, one of the most densely populated areas in Ireland.
• Northern Ireland Watermain Rehabilitation Framework –We are providing the rehabilitation design for 75km+ of distribution water mains across Northern Ireland to provide hydraulic (capacity), structural (leakage) and water quality benefits.
• Shuquaiq Water Transmission Scheme – We designed 64” and 48” trunk water mains, a pumping station and storage reservoirs to provide security of supply, pressure management, and increased supply area in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Current major water supply projects include:
• Saggart reservoir –We are providing the design of a 100 million litre reservoir to increase security and resilience of drinking water supply to residents and businesses in the Greater Dublin area.
• Ballycoolen to Forrest Little Trunk Main – Design of 1,200mm diameter trunk main to increase security and resilience of drinking water supply for residents, hospitals, agricultural enterprises and business in the North Dublin Region.
Join the conversation and let us shape #WorldWaterDay 2021 together!
Find out more about ByrneLooby's water engineering expertise here.