Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Building a successful thriving community of diverse professionals
Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion aims to make the ByrneLooby workplace better for everyone and realised project benefits. Diversity and inclusion are embedded in our behaviours and values and are integrated into every aspect of our business. Quite simply, we believe that everyone deserves the right to bring their best selves to work, and that diversity of background and approach brings different thinking that ultimately benefits our business and client outcomes.
The BL approach to EDI is ambitious, but these metrics show that it’s having a positive impact:
- From 2019-2021, we increased our number of female hires from 23% to 26%
To continue to provide the best service possible, we aim to attract, recruit, train and retain the very best talent at all levels.
To ensure we continue to attract and develop the best talent, we are committed to the following principles:
1. Equality – We promote equality of opportunity by removing barriers, tackling discrimination and ensuring equality of opportunity and access.
2. Diversity – We accept each person as an individual and actively promote a rich mix of individuals. The diversity of experience in ByrneLooby is a key contributor to our success. We value everyone’s contributions and it is only by working together that we will continue to deliver the best possible outcomes for our employees, our customers and our stakeholders.
3. Inclusion – We create a working culture of inclusion where differences are not only accepted but encouraged, welcomed and valued. Our success is founded on being an organisation where people feel respected and that they are participating in ByrneLooby's success.
We aim to incorporate these principles of equality, diversity and inclusion across our employment policies.
ByrneLooby is committed to:
• Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our staff are recognised and valued
• Creating a culture of inclusion and making a long-term commitment to maintaining and improving diversity and inclusion activities
• Promoting a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all employees and self-employed contractors. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
• Providing training, development and progression opportunities to all staff
• Understanding equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense
• Reviewing all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
ByrneLooby is committed to:
• Providing services to which all clients are entitled regardless of gender, civil status, family status, age, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, race, or membership of the Traveller community
• Making sure our services are delivered equally and meet the diverse needs of our service users and clients by assessing and meeting the diverse needs of our clients
• Fully supporting this policy at senior management level and ensuring agreement has been reached with employee representatives
• Monitoring and reviewing this policy annually
• Having clear procedures that enable our clients, candidates for jobs and employees to raise a grievance or make a complaint if they feel they have been unfairly treated
• Treating breaches of our equality, diversity and inclusion policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings
Successfully driving a change with EDI needs to change behaviours, and supporting these with policies, training and ways of working that embed change.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for all managers
- Mandate that all new starters complete understanding of our EDI policy
- Engagement with local schools and community initiatives
- EDI Sympathetic Supplier Chain with mandatory EDI section in our supplier criteria - meaning we only work with suppliers who share our vision and with whom we collaborate and share best practices
- We organise and promote social media postings, throughout the year (minimum twice annually) to raise awareness of religious and BAME culture